Friday, July 27, 2007

Learner permits

So I took my daughter to the DMV this week to get her learners' permit. I knew this day would come, but I was REALLY not prepared for it. I was nervous and distraught. It was like I was the one getting a permit. Back in my day no in my family got a permit. Most of us just waited until we were 18. So I am sitting in one of those hard chairs and it hit me like a ton of bricks. My little girl is growing up. She is almost an adult now. I was overcome with emotion. I almost started bawling right there in the DMV. So I have a couple of changes that I think the Department of Motor Vehicles needs to utilize.
1. They should keep a box of hankies handy for over emotional mothers.
2. They should hand out free valium to all the parents of these kids that we are putting behind the wheel of a car.
My last personal observation to all mothers....you thought giving birth was scary, HA! Wait till you get in the car with a fifteen year old with no driving experience. It's enough to put hair on your chest. So all you mothers with cute little precious kids that still think blocks are fun, I say to you...enjoy it while you can, your day is coming!

2 comments:

lindy52 said...

Hey there, Very true about little girls growing up so fast. Gald you made it thru the ordeal...lol. Talk later. Tell the girls I said Hi!!!!!

Kym said...

Hey It must be really bad if you were about to cry. I am so proud of her. You to mommy you have done a great job with both of your kids.