Monday, November 19, 2007

To Skip or Not to Skip???

I really hate to miss any of my classes. This feeling of guilt plagues me every time. (Well, almost every time). The dilemma is that I will be having my entire close family over on Thursday for Thanksgiving. I have an English Composition class on Wednesday night. While I will be getting some help, and some guests will be bringing food, I still have quite a bit to get done. My house is ALMOST as clean as I want it to be. I need to take some things up to the bonus room. (Just to get it out of sight). I have three pies to bake and will probably have some last minute shopping to do.Blah.Blah.Blah.

Gosh, I get sidetracked so easily don't I? Anyway I don't see how in the world I will be able to attend school and sucessfully get everything else done. Well, I COULD get it done by staying up half the night, yet I find myself unable to make such a sacrifice. The family get togethers at my house are few and far between. This is because we have a rotation schedule. Therefore I would not want my lack of sleep to run off everyone. See how considerate of others I am? Nor would I want to be nodding off right in the middle of someone telling a story.

All of this seemingly useless information does have a point. I REALLY think I should skip class on Wednesday night and get my stuff done around the house. When I first started school I wanted so much to get all A's. Now that I am in the final months, I really could care less. As long as I pass with a C, I will be happy. I know that is the wrong attitude to have, but I can't seem to help myself.

In other news, The DQ approached me about a week ago with a very serious look on her face. We had a conversation that went something like this:

DQ: Mommy, I need to tell you something that is really important. I am sooo serious.

Me:(In my head) Oh Lord, what is it? Is she going to tell me one of her friends is being abused? Is she failing in school? Please don't let it be her period paying a call early!

Me:(Out loud). OK honey, I'm listening.

DQ: Mommy, I want one of those Rescue Pets REALLY bad. If you don't get me anything else on my list, I HAVE to have a Rescue Pet.

Me: (In my head again). Is that all? Thank God! I really thought something serious was going on here.


I would like to address her obsession with animals. I have never seen anything like it. I have to confess that I am not an animal lover. I have no desire to have pets....... that's why I have children. I have NO IDEA where she gets this from. When she was younger(and still today) her number of stuffed animals far exceeds the number of baby dolls that she has. She has a pretty extensive collection of animals and toys from The Littlest Pet Shop series. She loves all animals. Cats, dogs, birds, bunnies, etc. She decided a while back that one of the cats smelled bad and gave him a bath. On her own. I didn't ask her to do it. I didn't even hint that she should do it. She actually called me at work and asked my permission to give the cat a bath. I just don't see how she can be my kid, yet the resemblence is too much for me to deny.

So I guess I will be off this weekend to hunt for a Rescue Pet...........................I.Am.A.Sucker

2 comments:

HW said...

"Mommy....I am sooo serious."

That is soooo cute.

If you're taking votes, I vote for skipping class. I'm surprised they're having class Wednesday night, but if you think you can catch up fairly easily, I think you'll feel much better about the holiday season if you start them off with a nice, smooth family gathering at your house. You'll be more relaxed. Now, please don't tell my children I advised you to skip school.

Regarding your daughter's love of animals. I have two cats and a dog she would simply adore...free shipping!!

Susiewearsthepants said...

HW-Well, I think skipping wins. Free shipping....mmmmmmm. We have three cats, I will have to think about it.