Monday, November 5, 2007

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

To Whom It May Concern:(My children, sisters, aunts, cousins, fellow co-workers, blog friends, etc.)

First of all, I would like to say that I am not dead, just very busy.



This week I have fallen into a deep abyss of stupidness. This is because I have had the bare minimum of sleep my body will tolerate. I have college math to thank for that, and Halloween, a baby shower, mid-terms, closing week at work, papers, children, and a messy house. I have been mentally unstable today. I went from almost crying, snapping on my dad, giggling with my sister, a sudden feeling of euphoria, and then the sink into stupidness.



In desperation, I purchased two calculators this week. The idea was that this would help me with my math class. That's a good idea if you can get the thing to TURN ON!! I went on my lunch hour and bought the stupid calculator. I took it back to the office and took it out of the package to see if I could get it to work. Well, I pushed the "ON" button but nothing happened. I then pushed a few more buttons......nothing. This went on for a few minutes. I told one of my co workers that the calculator was broken and I was going to have to take it back. I was really disappointed becaue I needed it for math that day. We ended up taking it to the IT department to see if they could help us take the back cover off. I thought maybe this high tech calculator didn't come with a battery. Or maybe it had set on the shelf so long that the battery was dead. I needed a tinny tiny screwdriver, which I did not have. The IT guy says, "Maybe if you pull that piece of plastic off it will work". For some reason , I thought this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.



After going round and round for a few minutes, I decided to try the plastic theory. Yep, that's what it was. I would like to go on the record as saying that that little tidbit of information was not ANYWHERE in the instruction manual. I guess that the manufacturer figured if someone is smart enough to need a fancy, high tech calculator, said person would be smart enough to figure out how to turn it on. Obviously, they never considered that sleep deprived, stressed out nut such as myself would be ATTEMPTING to use it. My lovely co worker "K" said that's what you get when you have a red head and a blonde trying to figure out how to work a calculator. Good point.

There were so many traumatic things that happened this week, I have decided to block them from my memory. Therefore, I can't remember anything that happened. I do not remember the accident that happened at work Monday( too embarrassing to repeat), I don't remember being snappy with my dad because of my lack of sleep. I don't remember being snappy with my kids because of my lack of sleep, no sir, I don't remember any of it.

This is a brand new week, the slate is clean. Let's see how long that will last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember, if you ever need some of this human calculator, just give me a holler. =P

Anonymous said...

I accidentally put myself as "anonymous," so this is just to let you know who left the comment. =D