Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Open Your Mouth And Words Will Come Out

Did I ever tell you about the power of speaking up? No, I didn't think so. Our short, whirlwind trip happened so fast, that I forgot to share this remarkable story. (Insert sarcasm here)

The first night of our trip, my oldest brother came to our hotel to visit. He stayed until really late. By the time he left and I went to bed, it was pushing 1 am. I was sharing a regular full size bed with both girls. Let me tell you, it's a little difficult to get comfortable when you have about 18 inches worth of bed space. The TV was on. I assumed my sister left it on for a reason. Which is fine, but I usually sleep in total darkness. It took me FOREVER to get to sleep.

I kept waking up throughout the night because I was cold. This is not unusual. I think I have ice water coursing through my veins, I am so cold natured. I didn't want to get up and mess with the AC for fear of making everyone else in the room too hot. I suffered in silence, and without sleep. Finally, in the wee hours of the morning, I rolled onto my stomach and tucked both my arms under myself. I was finally able to get to sleep. Right about the time I was working up a good drool, the phone rang. It was 7:30 am. It was our sister, Marlette. Now, when I say it was 7:30, I mean the clock said 7:30 Eastern Standard time. My body is on Central Standard time. Which means it was actually 6:30 am.

Needless to say, Dejah and I were not pleased to be woken up. Everyone including all the kids, had been asleep up until this point. Now, we were all awake. Dejah gave Marlette a very mild tongue lashing. As her and I starting waking up and moving around, I told her how uncomfortable and cold I had been all night. She said she had been cold too, and didn't get up and adjust the AC for fear of waking up the baby or one of the other kids. Which means I suffered needlessly.

Great. Just freakin' great. Oh, and did I mention that Marlette woke us up to let us know she was going shopping. Great. Just freakin' great.

4 comments:

E said...

Okay so you need Vermont socks. I live in the coldest part of the country but I am hardly ever cold anymore. Why? Because the socks and boots up here are actually made to keep you warm. Look online. But these wool socks and you will be amazed

Astarte said...

Seriously, if somebody called me to tell me they were going shopping at 6:30am (and who the hell can shop at 6:30, anyway?! where was she going?!?! Walmart?!), I would have to bitch them out so bad their ears would burn for days.

Anonymous said...

Astarte is right! By the time I got home and in bed, it was like 1:30 going on 2. My phone started ringing at 8am and I reached over in a daze and pushed buttons until the damn thing stopped!Thank godness I reconized the area code thru my blury vision or the calling party might have gotten a cus'n like the W.mart punk got that acused me of stealing a pressure washer!

BW

Anonymous said...

i must tell you the other side of the story.we had all decided to split the groceries for the next days gathering and since tmo of the four of us us food stamps we had all agreed on shopping together.susie and dejah knew we needed to go early. also as a side note,we would have liked to know about the gathering that kept you up til 1am.
smb