Sunday, April 13, 2008

Customer Service, Round Two

Today was grocery shopping day. I like to clip coupons from the Sunday paper and then go grocery shopping. It' s not very often that I end up with both of the girls with me. Today I had both girls. We made our list and headed out. I would like to take a moment to say that it is 44 degrees here. Very unusual for this part of the country this time of the year.

We get to Wal-Mart and I spot a lady putting her cart away. Great, a good parking spot I thought. There is nothing better than getting a good spot on a cold day. There was another vehicle a few spaces back but I didn't take that one. I got greedy. Greedy for those few steps closer to the front of the store. She is taking a long time to get out, but that's OK. I have all day. Only she doesn't get in her car and leave. Obviously she forgot something and had to go back in the store. In the meantime, the other spot a few cars down got taken. Someone went around me and got it.

OK-that's fine. It won't kill us to walk a little farther. However, had I not been greedy this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Keri found some flip-flops she wanted and I took a few minutes to check out the flat screen TV's. I am going to be getting one soon.

We get our groceries and head to the front. Does anyone remember this blog? If not, take a few minutes to read it. It's not very long. Well guess what? The VERY SAME woman tried to run me out of the self checkout lane........again. The last time I let her run me off. Not this time. I was holding my ground. She came over and said that I had too many items to use the self check out. I feel my blood starting to boil, and my children are with me. I use the self check out lane. Every.Single. Week. No ever says anything to me except this woman. I told her so. She said, "The customer service manager will be over in a few minutes to talk to you". Which I translated into, "I am sending him over to either chastise you or to run you outta here". By this time I was ignoring her and had furiously began unloading my cart and scanning my groceries. Now Keri is asking me questions. I tell her that I can't deal with her at that precise moment and she is going to have to wait. Melissa is helping with the groceries and not saying a word.

I do believe you have to be careful about how you act around your kids. It teaches them how to act and how to treat people. I am scanning items and slamming them into the bags. I am not saying word. No sir, not in front of my kids. The CS manager makes his way over and asks me if there is a problem. I say," I'll tell you what the problem is. I shop in this store every single week. I spend a lot of money here. I never have a problem using the self checkout unless THAT WOMAN is here." I then furiously begin pointing to where the witch is standing.

He says that he is sorry and it is fine for me to go through the self checkout. He says that they mainly use that rule if they are very busy. Which they were not at this time. No one was waiting in line behind me. As a matter of fact, a couple of the lanes were completely open.

Ha, ha you old bat!!!! Victory is mine!! I feel vindicated (somewhat). I am glad that I had enough control of my temper not to completely rip that old biddy a new one. That would have been very inappropriate in front of the girls.

I will still kind of ticked off and distracted. I used the wrong card to pay for my groceries. Rats.....rats, rats, rats!

When my parking spot fell through, I should have taken it as an omen. Another thought, if they want people with ONLY ten items or less to use the self checkout lane....GET A SIGN. A sign that says "Ten items or less".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good give the old bat H-E double hockey sticks. I quess her job is to be nice to people only if they spend a little bit of money and run the big spenders off!

Karen Deborah said...

Is it something in the water? I have a witch at work, but I didn't keep my mouth shut. At Walmart? someone was hassling you about SPENDING YOUR MONEY in Walmart? This is the store that makes 30 million dollars an hour or some astronomical figure. She needs to be fired! Let her work at McDonalds!
No body should ever mess with a single mom, with two kids, at Walmart, on the weekend who got beat out of a parking place! TAWANDA!!