Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frazzled(and Butt Vibration-No, it's not what you think)

I am frazzled. I realized I was frazzled yesterday. I wanted to deny that I was frazzled. Earlier in the week when I forgot to put mousse in my hair, I thought I was just forgetful. When I did the SAME THING yesterday, I realized I MIGHT be a little frazzled.



When I had to dig through the laundry basket and wear pants that haven’t been washed, I knew it was getting serious. Another symptom of my affliction is the inability to remember what day it is. More often than not, if I try to recollect what day of the week it is, I draw a blank. If I didn’t have a calendar with my work schedule on it, I fear I would get fired. I would never know which days I am supposed to work. As it is, I usually have write down my schedule for upcoming weeks multiple times. I will write it down. Then when I go to transfer the info to my calendar, I wont be able to find where I wrote it down. I will rewrite the schedule and repeat the same process again.


I am suffering the consequences of my decision to not do anything last Saturday. My laziness created a domino effect on the rest of my week. I worked an eight-hour shift on Sunday, I got nothing done. Monday I was off from DSJ (Department Store Job) but had to make dinner and grocery shop. I got nothing else done. So here it is Thursday morning and I have to dig out dirty clothes to wear.


Melissa and Keri came by DSJ last night. Keri wanted to know if I always walk that fast when I work my second job. I told her that yes I do always walk that fast when working at night. I walk that fast because I want to get all my work done. Sometimes if we can get everything done, we get to leave early. So yes, I walk VERY fast!

She also did not understand why I couldn’t buy her something while I am on the clock. I tried to explain to her that shopping while you are working is frowned upon. I don’t think she got it. She was still pouting when they left to go home. Incidentally, Melissa will be joining me in February at DSJ. I told her she better not do anything to besmirch our family name. I am hoping that she won’t be scheduled to work the same nights that I work. I just don’t know if I can bear for my daughter to call me by my first name, yet I don’t think she should call me “Mom” at work.

A conversation between Keri and I while driving on the interstate:

Keri: Mom, is that thing on the side of the road that makes your butt vibrate really so people won’t fall asleep and run off the side of the road?

Me:(Laughing) Yes.

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I wonder if you just drive on that vibrator strip--do you lose weight?

Susiewearsthepants said...

LOL-Good question!

Anonymous said...

Ok dont think we have the vibrator strip - sounds interesting!!

I have worn dirty pants to work before - it happens!