Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

I have been on a hunt. I have been hunting for a tree topper since the Christmas tree went up. I don’t know what happened to the star from last year. It disappeared, along with my “special” ornament. As far as I can tell, those are the only two things missing from last year. I guess there could be some other stuff missing and I just don’t remember it.

I have searched far and wide (Wal-Mart and various other department stores) and have been unable to find a suitable replacement. My friends I have to tell you, I have seen some of the ugliest stars this year. I just don’t understand why it is hard to design an attractive star. The ones I saw that weren’t ugly, had clear/white lights. I am not opposed to clear lights, but they don’t match my tree.

My tree has multicolored lights, and I want my star to have multicolored lights as well. Is that too much to ask? I think not. Is it too much to ask that the star not be hideously ugly? I think not.

Until yesterday, my search had been futile. I have been met with disappointment after disappointment since around December 1st. Even my beloved Wal-Mart let me down. At any rate, I had lunch at Sonic yesterday. (Because I wanted to eat a healthy lunch-LOL). After I ate lunch I noticed a CVS drugstore right next door. I had a few minutes to kill, so I decided to mosey on over and just look around.

Know what I found? The perfect star. In a drugstore. The star itself has that kind of clear/white look to it. On the inside of the star are multicolored lights. Each triangular part of the star lights up and then kind of fades out. Exactly what my tree needed. Of course then I had to go home and be instructed by a nine year old as to where and how I need to place the star. Kind of bossy I thought. I wonder where she gets that from……..

No comments: