Sunday, December 2, 2007

You Need A What?!!

If you have seen any of the pictures I have posted of my girls, then you know that The DQ has really long hair. More often than not I end up helping her wash it because of the length. The DQ is EXTREMELY modest so I try to make sure to be sensitive when I am helping her in the bathtub.

This morning as I was helping her wash her hair, I caught a glimpse of her chest. I looked at her to make sure she didn't see me looking. I peeked again. Yep, sure enough the child is getting boobs. I don't know any other way to say it. I was shocked. She just turned nine in August. NINE!!! I didn't even need a training bra until I was in 6th grade. I was eleven. I thought we might have some premature puberty going on when she got some pimples on her forehead a month or so ago, but I was not prepared for the mosquito bites that have emerged.

We made a trip to Wal-Mart and I bought her a..........beginner bra. (I hate calling it a training bra, what are they training for anyway? the Boob Olympics)

The DQ is my baby. I probably wont have any more children, so this is especially difficult for me. She still plays with toys. She still watches cartoons on TV. She wants a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas. She still likes me to tuck her in. She has NO BUSINESS getting boobs at nine years old.

That's not the only thing. I discovered that she hasn't believed in Santa for a couple of years now. On one hand, that makes things easier for me. I don't have to hide everything the way I used to. I can put all of the presents under the tree instead of just a few. On the other hand, I really wanted a little more time for her to believe in the magic of Santa.

I had a very serious talk with her about not telling other kids what she knows. I hate that kids ruin it for other kids by telling them the "Santa Secret". Which is not to be confused with "Secret Santa". She has younger cousins and I don't want her blabbing to them about it.

I can't fight time or premature puberty. I can only make the best of it and enjoy the time I left to raise the girls. The older I get and they get, the less I want them to grow up.




















mmmmmm......maybe she's not growing up TOO much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha. the boob Olympics. That's funny. She'd be HORRIFIED if she read that you were telling her 411. You are a nut!

Susiewearsthepants said...

She doesn't read my blog.....mmmmmmwwwwwaaaaaaa