Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Present

I am so behind on my blogging. I started back to school this week and time seems to be getting away from me. I am typing this during the last few minutes I have on my lunch hour. I spent the majority of my time completing my homework for my online class. Thank God my online class has been pretty easy so far.





Now I must tell a story. A horrible, disgusting story. A pre-Halloween story so to speak. A few days ago(I don't which day as they are all running together again) the cats were really acting strange. First they wanted in, then they wanted out. After a little while I figured out what the problem was. The female cat came around the back of the house with a baby bunny rabbit in her mouth. I scolded her and made her drop the bunny rabbit. Peter Cottontail then went under my deck and I soon forgot about him.



Later that evening I walked into the kitchen. What do you think I saw on my kitchen floor? A bunny rabbit leg. Not just the foot, the thigh, all the way down to the foot. On.My.Kitchen.Floor. Not seeing any other choice I got a paper towel so I could remove the bunny leg from my house. I scooped up the bunny leg in the paper towel. It.......was........still......warm. It was also soft and furry. I could feel the warm, soft leg through the paper towel. I was so disgusted. It still gives me the heeby zeebies just thinking about Peter Cottontail's leg on my floor. Not only that, but I failed that little bunny rabbit. I didn't do a good job of keeping the cats away from the little bunny. I should have made sure the bunny was safe before I let the cats back out again. I shouldn't have forgotten about little Peter, but I really thought he had ample opportunity to run away.



Now, on top of all of my other sins, I get to add bunny murder to the list. Sure I didn't commit the actual crime, but I failed to stop it. I don't know how I live with myself.

Note: It ended up taking me several days just to type this short story. I am seriously concerned about the time I will NOT be having to devote to my blog....it is most distressing.

2 comments:

HW said...

I would also be upset about the bunny. We have had incidents with bunnies that our dog has gotten a hold of. And she's the most gentle dog ever. I just tell myself it is the ways of nature. No matter how hard you tried, you could not have prevented the cat from finding that bunny.

I have sat down to blog several times lately and just stare at the screen.
My mind is empty. Empty I tell you.

Susiewearsthepants said...

LOL, I confess I find my mind empty quite a bit. Now, I just sit around and wait for something to happen to me so I can blog about it. Usually it doesn't take long. I cant figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Or the other thing that happens is that I have so much to blog about but by the time I sit down out at the computer, all my ideas go straight out the window and I can't remember a single one of them.