Saturday, August 4, 2007

Am I A Grown Woman?

OK.....I have a minor crisis. I have lost one of my tennis shoes. I only have one pair of tennis shoes(I work in an office). Now, I work in accounting which requires me to be organized and detail oriented. What goes on in my house is sometimes is a different story. I have one of the shoes but I don't know what happened to the other one. How old am I anyway? Wouldn't it be funny if I called in to work and said, "I'm sorry I can't come in today because I have lost a shoe. If I find it, I'm sure I will be in tomorrow". Did I misplace it? Did one of the girls hide it from me to torment me? I don't know. What I do know is that I am thirty two(almost) years old and I have lost a shoe. What is wrong with this picture I ask you? I should not be losing shoes. I am not a kid. At least I don't think I am. I know where all my files are at work. Why can't I find one stinkin' shoe? Because I have NO organization at home. My house is not dirty, but I leave shoes all over the house. I don't know why I do this. Maybe just because I can. Possibly because I have to be organized at work.

This is not a problem unless you have an afternoon of school shopping to do and you are forced to wear sandals to go walking around all day. The sensible thing to do would be to put my shoes on the shoe rack that is my closet, but why I would I want to make things easier for myself.

Nana-if you read this K LOVES all the clothes she got. I came home this evening and she has very neatly organized all her clothes in her drawers. I have never seen them so organized! I am talking everything perfectly folded and stacked. I have never seen anything like it.

Maybe I need to take lessons from her. If anyone has any difficult suggestions for how I can keep up with my shoes, let me know. No easy solutions please....I like to do things the hard way.

Does anyone which saint I should pray to in order to recover the lost shoe? I'm not Catholic but it would work. Is it St. Anthony? I don't think it's Peter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! ha! very funny :p

Anonymous said...

My grandmother use to lose everything she always prayed to St. Jude. Try him.