I found out this morning that my baby sister is having a boy! Congratulations to her. The ringtologist was proven correct in this case. I have another sister who is pregnant so I will be able to conduct further studies on this whole ringtology business. My best friend and I were discussing the only child vs. two or more children. When I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than for my siblings to be abducted by aliens never to be seen or heard from again. I am not being mean, I am telling the truth. Having so many brothers and sisters drove me up the wall. Especially since they were my responsibility most of the time.
Now that I am grown I realize how blessed I am to have so many people that care about me and my children. I have been thinking about some of the positive aspects of having a large family. So here are some of my thoughts:
1. When some nameless child gets into to trouble, you have someone available to go to your house and bust them getting into trouble. (This would be my sister Dejah.)
2. You have someone to send to your house to double check that trouble is not finding it's way back to your house after sister #1 leaves. (This would be my sister Marlette)
3. You have someone to take your youngest child to school when you have to be at work at the ungodly hour of 7 am. (This would be Dejah)
4. You have someone else to lecture your teenage daughter about the dangers of internet predators. Note: You need the backup because teenagers seldom believe a word that you say and think you are being overprotective. (This would be Alicia) See first pic.
5. If anything bad happens, you have some else to blame it on, or my personal favorite, no one fesses up. After all, no one likes a snitch.
6. If one sibling makes you mad, you can call one of the other sisters and complain to her.
7. You are never lonely or bored.(There is always someone to beat up or torture)
8. There is always someone to stick up for you(It is an unspoken rule that you can put a beat down on a sibling, but if that sibling is threatened by anyone outside the family....look out!)
9. As per my family's example, there is always someone having a baby, this is fun because you can play with the baby and then send him/her home(I can't wait).
10.References, references.....When you have so many sisters you always have references for those pesky student loan applications, car loan apps, etc.
So......Dejah, Marlette, and Alicia you guys are my peeps, thanks for all your love and support........Could one of you do me a favor?