Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It's Labor Day






We had a family cook out at the lake today. It was hot, but not unbearably so. The girls did some swimming. Everyone also did a little fishing. For those of you don't know, I am the unofficial Fishing Queen. My fishing skills are definitely far superior to any female fisher that I know. I know just the right way to bait a hook. I also have the best casting technique of anyone in the area. I won't brag about all the huge fish I have caught, that would just be rude and boastful. I also am unable to reveal my secret bait. My very life depends on this being a closely guarded secret.

So today I was able to land the largest, most beautiful fish in the WHOLE lake. It was definitely my finest fishing moment. Thankfully the digital camera was handy to capture this most wonderful fish. I am also a very animal friendly person. Even though I would have loved to have kept this fish, and had it put on my wall, it was so large and wonderful, that I felt it must be returned to it's natural habitat. It was definitely too wonderful a creature to kill. I know everyone will be envious, but please try to refrain from posting vicious comments. Everyone can't be a fishing star like me......










I told you it was huge!!!........Gotcha

Sissy managed to douse herself with ketchup as soon as we got there. You can't officially begin one of our family cookouts without the spilling of ketchup. A tip: If you want to see the pics bigger try double clicking on them. The ones at the top are hard to see this small

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories, I think you

should write a Book. God bless you

and your Family......