Monday, March 24, 2008

The First Day of Vacation

Today is the first weekday of my vacation. I planned my vacation around spring break for the girls, and me finishing up my last set of classes. What should one do on their first day of vacation? Set up an appointment to have keyless entry installed on one's vehicle at 9 am in another city so one can get up early even on vacation.

I knew in advance it was going to take 3 1/2 hours to install the keyless entry, remote start, and alarm system(I'll get to that later). I packed a couple of snacks. A snack size bag of Extreme Dill Pringles, and some "100 Calorie" snack packs.


The reason I didn't have someone follow me and just go home is because I drove to Nashville. Which is 30-45 minutes from where I live. It seemed wasteful to drive to Nashville, drive home, drive back to Nashville, then drive home again. Everyone who knows me knows that I am very concerned about gas conservation....especially mine. So, I packed a few snacks, my Ipod and made sure to bring extra change for the the drink machine. All in all, it was not a bad morning. I got to listen to music, read, and watch "The Young and The Restless", and munch a little.

One of the ideas of "spring" break is that the weather is SUPPOSED to be nice. Oh no, not on my spring break. As I was leaving CarMax, I saw snowflakes. And it was cold. And windy. I was right across the street from the 100 Oaks Mall (which I always want to call 100 Acre Mall...you know, from Winnie The Pooh and The Hundred Acre Woods).


Anyway, I had never been to this particular mall so I went over to check it out. And blew my budget. I did not have any purchases budgeted for this week. I decided that I simply had to have some new shirts for spring. I needed them for work and around the house. I have to say that I made out pretty well. I bought 4 shirts, 1 tank top, and a pair of shorts for 50 bucks. On my way home I remembered that I had promised Keri that I would take her shopping to spend her Easter money. She really needs clothes and so off we went. Keri found 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for 36 dollars. She is her mother's child. A bargain hunter by nature.

Keri a.k.a. The DQ on the left, her friend "E" on the right. So I get home and start looking at all this paperwork that came with my keyless entry. Apparently I have all these flippin' alarms(and I'm not sure I was supposed get all that fancy stuff) and valet parking settings on my keyless entry. Which I have NO idea how to operate......oh well I have the rest of the week to figure it out.

1 comment:

HW said...

It snowed here yesterda too - and on Easter Sunday.
Great bargains at the mall. I know they weren't in your budget, but you deserve it and new spring tops always perk a girl up.