Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Exciting Vacation Adventures

OK-What should one do on one's fourth day of vacation? Be awakened by a freakin flippin cat at 6:30 am. Go back to sleep and wake up at a more reasonable hour of 9 am. Drink coffee, check email, then tackle teenage daughter's bathroom. Now that took stamina. Discover while in teenager's bathroom that eye seems to be pretty red, and burns too. Go to own bathroom, remove contacts immediately, put on glasses that are practically worthless, resume attacking teenager's bathroom. Which takes hours. I am not kidding. Not to say that Melissa NEVER cleans her bathroom, well-she just doesn't have my mad skills.

Eat a ham and cheese sandwich with Extreme Dill Pringles for lunch. Finally around 2pm in the afternoon, take a shower. I really feel it defeats the purpose to take a shower, then clean a nasty bathroom. Completely backwards if you ask me.

Go vacuum out car as Thursday has been dubbed "vacuum out car day". Return home, sit on couch and do nothing except type this here blog. Whether or not I get anything else done remains to be seen. I have really enjoyed this week off. I thought I would get bored, but I have so many things that have been neglected that I have been able to keep busy. I can lay around for a little while, but I have discovered that I am not one to sit around doing nothing for very long.

Keri got to go to the Ripley's Aquarium with one of her friend's overnight. She came home this morning and is already planning her weekend activities. I miss the little squirt. Melissa had one of her friends over here for a couple of days, but I made her take the girl home yesterday. She must not have realized that she was ready for a break. When she got home, she went to her room and stayed there for a couple of hours. None of this really has a point other than for it to be recorded. I wish blogs would have been around when the girls were smaller.

I have left my poor sister Dejah alone for the last couple of days. She has three boys now since she brought the baby home from the hospital, and I don't want to wear out my welcome so to speak. I do hope that she calls me today. I do so love going over there and holding that sweet little boy. I lived in another state when the older boys were born, so it's a real treat to have a new baby who just lives a few miles away.

I went to the IRS website to get some info on this whole stimulus payment deal. I have some interesting information. If had your 2007 tax refund direct deposited, your stimulus payment will also be direct deposited. The direct deposit dates are based on the last two digits of your SSN. The payments begin May 2 and the last round of direct deposits will be processed on May 16th. If you opted for a paper check for your 07 refund, you will receive a paper check for the stimulus payment. Payment amounts vary based your 07 tax return. There is a calculator on the IRS website that will guesstimate how much your payment will be. Beware of the rumor mill. Based on the official IRS website, married couples will receive between 600-1200 dollars plus 300 for each qualifying child. You will not automatically receive 1200 dollars, it's based on your tax return.

Check out the IRS website for further details. Here's the link.

No comments: